Apple pear crisp is a wonderful fall dessert. Easy to make and delicious to devour. This dessert will bring fall right into the home with its wonderful aroma.
- 4-5 Granny Smith apples (peel, core and slice)
- 3 Bartlett pears (peel and slice)
- ½ cup walnuts (chopped) – pecans can be subsituted if desired
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ stick butter
- 2 cups flour (unsifted)
- 1 cup brown sugar (lightly packed)
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- Preheat oven to 400°
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour and brown sugar. Add 1 cup of butter and mix on low speed until crumbly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk sugar, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon together and set aside.
- Peel, core and slice apples and pears. Put in a large bowl, add nuts.
- Mix in sugar mixture and stir until all fruit and nuts are coated well.
- Pour fruit mixture into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Add the remaining ¼ cup butter (sliced) and just place on top of the fruit mixture randomly.
- Add the flour mixture on top of fruit and spread evenly.
- Bake uncovered at 400° for 40 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.