Eggnog Cookies are full of seasonal flavor. These will be great for gift boxes, holiday gatherings, or for a delicious holiday snack.
- 3/4 cup butter, slightly softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 3 Tablespoons eggnog (or enough for desired consistency)
- Nutmeg (garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cookies sheets by lining with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugars together in a large bowl. Slowly add egg yolks and extracts then beat until creamy. Add eggnog and continue mixing until smooth. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt. Add to creamed mixture and mix until well combined.
- Scoop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are just slightly browned. Leave on cookie sheets for 3-5 minutes then remove to wire racks and let cool completely.
- While cookies are cooling, whisk powdered sugar and eggnog together. Place mixture in a small plastic resealable bag and snip corner. Drizzle icing back and forth across cookies then sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Store in airtight cookie tin.