Tilapia Tacos with Tropical Salsa is a light, healthy meal that can be quickly prepared for the busy person enjoying the various activities of the beautiful Spring season. If you are not into tilapia, any mild white fish will work. This meal is fast to prepare but if you still need a little more time you could even make the salsa in advance.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 6 tacos
- 1 pound of tilapia fillets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of shredded purple cabbage
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- 1 cup of finely diced tropical fruit ( mango, pineapple, and papaya)
- 1/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- 6 corn tortillas
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium high heat. Season the tilapia with the chili powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the fish in the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- If you didn’t prepare the salsa ahead of time now you will prepare it. See Salsa Instructions.
- To assemble the tacos: divide the cabbage evenly between the 6 corn tortillas. Break up the fish into large pieces and add it on top of the cabbage. Finish the tacos with the tropical salsa and avocado slices.
- Serve Immediately.
- Combine Mango, Pineapple, and Papaya in a medium bowl
- Add Red Bell Pepper, Cilantro, Lime Juice and Salt to taste
To see more recipes for dinner options please visit our Recipe Page or if you are so busy you have no time to cook visit our Deli for hot items.